Weird...

I was just poking through my system and found something that I'm not sure
what kind of effect it will have (missetting).

In /etc/login.defs, the environment ENV_HZ defaults to 100 (for x86
Linux), but also has a line for Linux/Alpha that assigns it to 1024
(commented out).  Any idea what this variable does overall?  It's
obviously incorrectly set in our package (I'll fix it and report a bug if
we can figure out what it does).

Anyone with a clue?  I'll look into it, but I don't know offhand...