Another heathen converted to the One True Distribution :-)

Just a short note with a success story for debian/alpha:

A co-worker of a friend was trying to get Red Hat 5.2 working on an
Alphastation 1000A 5/xxx system (to be used as web proxy system).

His problem was that it kept freezing after the kernel on the boot
floppy had done its hardware detection stuff. My friend, knowing that I
used linux on alpha, called me for advice. I tried a couple of basic
variations on the SRM boot stuff, but it didn't work. So, I emailed him
the slink root and noritake-p rescue disk images from master, and that
worked straightaway :-)

So, at least one system saved from the evil clutches of RH :-), and he's
probably going to use debian at home as well.

Good work, guys!

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org