Re: "device dka0 is invalid" error

Rich Payne wrote:
> > > There is nice SRM HCL at <http://talisman.alphalinux.org/ALOHcl/>
> > Just looked it up.
> > Diamond Fireport 40
> > Works in Linux = yes
> > Works in SRM = No
> > Reported by petrakis@alphalinux.org>
> >
> > Whats this mean guys? Does this mean that to boot from the hard disk
> > again I would have to put AlphaBIOS back on. I blew it away last week
> > :-)
>
> Or get another SCSI controller. The Fireport 40 is a nice card (I have
> one) but SRM will refuse to use it. Your other options are:
>
> 1) Boot the kernel from a floppy
> 2) Boot the kernel over the network...after all you said you had an ewa0
> 3) Buy a cheap IDE disk and boot the kernel from there

Bad news but thanks. I would not have thought to use a cheap IDE. I
actually have one. I'll see how that goes.
Thanks greatly for the help.

Best wishes,
Mike
Michael Lake
Active caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.
Safety Convenor, Australian Speleological Federation
Owner, Speleonics (Australia)