Re: mozilla

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Ron Farrer wrote:

>> Does mozilla work for anyone around here ? As netscape for alpha does not
>> work with NIS/NFS, mozilla is the only choice. And it does not work. I
>> have tried building the package myself, but it segfaulted. Can anyone
>> point me to a working deb, tar.gz or whatsoever for the alpha ?
>
>For stable, the only mozilla (so far) that compiles and runs is the
>nightly build from 20010102. I have not yet had the chance to try the
>pre-release gcc-3.0 that is now in unstable, hopefully it does the
>job.. has anyone tried it yet?

I've built the latest mozilla "milestone" on alpha XL 266 and stock gcc
from stable (2.95.2),
using their nice cvs building system.
It works, albeit not as fast as I'd have liked.
I had to disabe debugging of mozilla, as otherwise building
takes an indecent amount of disk space, that I just don't have.

However, before that
I've built the kde-related stuff that is needed from the source
(these things were newer than those from stable debian).

---
Dmitrii Pasechnik
e-mail: d.pasechnik@twi.tudelft.nl
http://ssor.twi.tudelft.nl/~dima/