Re: Debian Alpha and Escalade

Stephen Kapp <mort666@virus.org> writes:

> Has anyone had or know if the 3Ware Escalade 7500 series storage
> switches will work with the Debian Alpha port? Specifically I would
> like to use the Escalade with a UP1100 or UP1500 motherboard...

Mine doesn't.

The problem is that the bios needs to run. The driver can be patched
to 64Bit but then reports the hardware in a bad state.

I'm thinking of running the bios with the i386 bios emulator from
XFree to get my Escalade to work on my Ruffian but haven't found the
time yet to try.

MfG
        Goswin