Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:20:21 -0500
From: Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer <branden+spi-treasurer@deadbeast.net>
Cc: board@spi-inc.org, debian-admin@lists.debian.org,
   debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: machine donations

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 10:38:09PM -0500, Ryan Schaefer wrote:
> I'm considering donating a couple machines to the Debian
> project. Specifically, the Alpha port of Debian. Unfortunately, the
> machines aren't terribly light (they're old workstations, probably
> weigh 25-30lbs each) and I'm sure shipping would kill me.
>
> I don't suppose the Debian project would be willing to split the cost
> on shipping with me.

Thank you very much for your generous offer!

I am copying this reply to the Debian Administration team and the Debian
Alpha porting list; these parties are the most likely to know if there
is a need for this sort of equipment at present.

Admins and Alpha porters, can you respond to this gentleman please?  SPI
Board, if Debian has destitute interested developers, could we
underwrite shipping costs?

I'll add that I would have a personal interest in an Alpha machine,
though I should perhaps reassemble my Quadra 840AV and help the m68k
port out again to earn the right to receive one.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson
Debian GNU/Linux

Branden went on to say in another email: