Re: 164LX, Scsi DIsk, and IDE CDROM Help?

Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Hello,
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:44:50PM -0500, bob wrote:

I have just put 3.0r2 on a 164lx. I used an ide cdrom to load the beast but now find I am unable to see the ide cdrom drive properly.

I don't understand this. Have you looked at /proc/ide? At which time
does your CD-ROM vanish, during installs, or after? Can you elaborate
a little more verbose on the symptoms and your attempts? Do you use
the kernel shipped with Debian or a home grewn one?

Greetings

         Helge

Helge,
thanks for your reply.
I am using the iso image, kernel 0, graphics kernel, generic, that is on the first disk.
I have not looked in /proc/IDE, I will do that and see what I can find,
The error messages all referred to not being able to find the disk, attempting to read beyond the end of the disk, and so on. I will see what I can do to collect the error message and post it.

I apologize for my brevity, I am usually the guy who finds the thing that everyone else knows NOT to do!

Thanks
bob
--
"Only the paranoid survive..." Andy Grove