Re: Installing on an LX164 - what's wrong here?

Hello,
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:25:01PM -0400, Aprotim Sanyal wrote:
> I'm trying to put debian on several old lx164 machines we have here at
> my lab.  When I try to install from CD, I go to OS selection Setup,

if you have no severe reason, I strongly suggest switching to SRM. My
LX runs beautiful with SRM for years now and when you are reinstalling
is the best time to switch. Also Debians support for MILO is currently
very low (missing manpower).

Only thing I currently have (but that's probably independent of boot
method) is some problem with newer kernels any my adaptec, but the bug
is investigated currently.

Greetings

           Helge
--