Re: Re: 2.6.14 kernel build attempt

The root filesystem is /dev/sda2

The low-level scsi driver used is sym53c8xx-2 which is the same driver used in the 2.4.31 and earlier kernels (I have not gotten a 2.6.x kernel to work on this machine yet).

I am using the srm console environment.  I boot as follows:

boot -fi vmlinuz-2.6.14

where the kernel file name is in srm's path on /dev/sda1 and it does find it.  The parameter boot_osflags is in the bios environment as "root=/dev/sda2 cycles=5000000" which can be confirmed under 2.4.31 in /proc/srm_environment/named_variables/.

I am not sure if the error message I am receiving is because it can't find the root, but it could be.  It sounds to me like it can't find the console ?

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory