Re: squeeze and the future of the alpha port, redux

Steve Langasek a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:01:52PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
>
> It's not out of the question that this might happen before March.  I don't
> know that the removal of alpha is going to be instantaneous, either;
> furthermore, removing alpha from the archive doesn't preclude building an
> unofficial alpha version of squeeze, perhaps of a hand-picked, reduced set
> of packages.  If people are interested, it's possible something could be
> worked out with debian-ports.org.

While hosting an architecture on debian-ports.org is fully possible,
please note that it needs more manpower, as you have to deal with
scheduling binNMU for transitions, and with emails and/or NMU to get
patches applied (as long as an architecture does not block the migration
to testing, most maintainers stop to care about it).

As it seems the lack of manpower is clearly the problem on the alpha
port, this means a move to debian-ports.org implies a reduced set of
packages.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73