Re: glibc regression on alpha with 2.34+

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 09:02:23AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi Frank!
>
> > On Dec 12, 2022, at 8:57 AM, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure I fully understand the issue here:
> >
> > See, glibc used to work for alpha up until 2.33 as I read. Then a change
> > broke it for alpha with 2.34. Does the respective glibc maintainer for
> > alpha (Richard Henderson according to [1]) really have no interest in
> > fixing it?
>
> Any chance you can bisect the issue?
>
> FWIW, it’s not been reported upstream yet.

I am not interested in supporting old Alphas without BWX anymore.
I am drawing the line.  Either someone steps up to support non-BWX
Alpha and promptly fixes glibc or the architecture baseline is
increased to include BWX (thereby fixing most of the glibc issues).
Without either of those happening I give up being an Alpha porter
and switch off my Alpha buildd permanently.  I have many other
interesting projects I could be working on!

Regards,
Michael.