Re: glibc regression on alpha with 2.34+

Hi,

On 13.12.22 10:52, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
[...]
During this compilation I got 4 segfaults from the compiler (gcc-12)
and a "gcc: internal compiler
error: Aborted signal terminated program cc1". If you are interested
in the details, I have all the
error messages available.

Is that glibc from upstream or the Debian package?

Upstream, I followed [1].

[1]: https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds

Also, is the machine's memory known to be good? Please make sure to test
it.

I don't know for sure - you never know for software running on the same
hardware that's gonna be tested - but the SROM testing didn't show any
problems at least:

```
 SROM V1.0-0 CPU # 00 @  1000  MHz
SROM program starting
Reloading SROM
 SROM V1.0-1 CPU # 00 @  1000  MHz
 System Bus Speed @ 0125  MHz
SROM program starting
Bcache data tests in progress
Bcache address test in progress
CPU parity and ECC detection in progress
Bcache ECC data tests in progress
Bcache TAG lines tests in progress
Memory sizing in progress
Memory configuration in progress
Testing AAR2
Memory data test in progress
Memory address test in progress
Memory pattern test in progress
Testing AAR0
Memory data test in progress
Memory address test in progress
Memory pattern test in progress
Memory initialization
Code execution complete (transfer control)
```

I can try to increase the depth of testing - if possible - but I'd
expect some ECC related messaging for any failures happening and there
was none on the system console.

[...]
Summarizing it, I'd be grateful if someone could do the bisecting on
one of the buildds or developer machines.

You could cross-compile glibc. That's most likely what I am going to do.

Can the testing happen on a different arch, too?

Cheers,
Frank