Re: Acer Turion laptops

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:07:06PM +0200, Michelasso wrote:
> Did you also managed to have suspend to work? I have naively enabled
> it from the Kde Control Center > Laptop battery > Power Control
> window; but I couldn't wake up the laptop from the suspend state, the
> screen stays off and I am forced to

swsusp as in

echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk; echo disk > /sys/power/state

does work, but I need to ifdown eth0 and rmmod r8169 first otherwise I
have no network anymore after resuming. It complains about the USB1.1
controllers, too.

ACPI S3 does not work, S4 does (with the same restriction for eth0 as
swsusp), but breaks the console if called from X11 (and the flickering
does not look sane). S1 is not supported.

> I have found a workaround to this issue removing the psmouse entry
> from /etc/modules and creating  a small init.d script

Yeah, I did something similar, additionally the initscript does a

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

to make the fan shut up ;-)

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--