Re: dvd+rw-tools and dvdrecord problem / solution

On 9/17/05, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) <jean.luc.coulon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 17.09.2005 04:04:00, Will Dyson a écrit:

> Q. What are the dvd+rw-tools for?
> A. As implied/already mentionned - to master the DVD media, both +RW/R
>     and -R[W]. .....
>
> And in the package description:
>   This package includes a format utility for DVD+-RW media, a frontend
>   to mkisofs for burning DVD+-RW/R and some associated tools.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled...

After looking at the dvd+rw-format source code
(http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/dvd+rw-format.cpp),
it seems that I was wrong about dvd+rw-format not being useful at all
for the -RW disc variety. It can perform blanking of DVD-RW (and
DVD-RAM) media.

--
Will Dyson