Re: Warning while updating package list.

On (09/10/05 21:15), Jitendra Pawar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to debain. I want to install new packages like logcheck, glibc,
> gnucash etc. I am getting following warning at the end of command:
> $apt-get update.
> -----------
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://debian.csail.mit.edu sarge Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY E415B2B4B5F5BBED
> ------------
>
> my /etc/apt/sources.list file contents are:
> --------------
> deb http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ sarge main contrib
> deb-src http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ sarge main
> contrib
> --------------

There's been a recent change in that the sources are now signed so that
you can verify that they are true debian sources.

Short answer: ignore the warning and install anyway.

Long answer, install gnupg and acquire the public key for the source
which will make the warning go away and ensure that you are installing
from verifiable sources.

Regards

Clive

--