Still having random crashes after installing X with nvidia

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> > I finally got X up with the nvidia drivers!  Lovely screen.  I had no
> > idea my monitor was capable of such high resolution.  It's now my
> > favorite machine to work on.  Despite the crashes.

Well, the crashes *do* gt wearying -- it tends to crash acter
somehwere between one and thirty minutes of X use.

I've done a bit of testing using XDMCP.  The AMF64 machine seems to
crash when it is the X server.  When it is just the X client (I log
into it from elsewhere), is seems to work fine.

Unless I get some help from this list, the next thing I'll be trying is
going throuth the list of optional addons to X that dpkg-reconfigure
xorg-server provides and taking them out.  Things like direct rendering
and GL support and such.  Is this likely to keep nvidia's openGL suport
from working?

-- hendrik