Re: counting scsi hosts

Jim Crilly wrote:

More stuff is configurable without a recompile. If I add/change hardware I
don't have to do anything unless it's something required for booting and
even then updating my initrd is simple. And I have run into cases where
reloading modules will fix things,

Ok, that are advantages to be made use of. But when hardware is not about to be changed and it's for a server that should just run the way it is reliably, what's the advantage of using modules for things required to boot anyway? MOTT, you could not even unload those modules.

GH