From: Sergio Mendoza <sergio@astroscu.unam.mx>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: cfs on amd64 mounts but doesn't work
	autolearn=failed version=3.0.3

Package: cfs
Version: 1.4.1-17
Severity: normal

Hi,

  This bug is amd64 specific.  It works fine on 32-bit machines.  It has
been discussed on debian-amd64 mailing lists:

(a) http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/07/msg00300.html

(b) http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2006/09/msg00338.html

  Briefly the problem is as follows:

  $ cmkdir directory
  Key:
  Again:
  $ ls
  directory
  $ cfssh directory/
  Key:
  Directory is /var/cfs/.13687.31869
  $ ls
  ls: reading directory .: Input/output error
  $ echo "Hello world" > test.txt
  $ cat test.txt
  Hello world
  $ echo *
  *

  So, as you can see it is possible to read the files, however ls or "echo *"
doesn't list the directory contents.  Even "ls ./" and related commands
will not work.

  By trying many things I discovered that it is possible to read the
contents of the directory by performing the following trick:

  $ cmkdir directory
  Key:
  Again:
  $ ls
  directory
  $ cfssh directory/
  Key:
  Directory is /var/cfs/.13687.31869
  $ ls
  ls: reading directory .: Input/output error
  $ mkdirhier a/a
  $ cd a/a/
  $ ls
  $ echo "Hello world" > test.txt
  $ ls
  test.txt
  $ cat test.txt
  Hello world
  $ echo *
  test.txt

  This is indeed very strange.  I can't tell where the error is but my
guess is that somehow cfsd is not communicating properly with the nfs
daemon.

  Please note that as far as I am concerned this is an AMD64 only problem.
I run cfs on i386 and works perfect!

Regards,

Sergio.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-1-amd64
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=es_MX (charmap=ISO-8859-1)

Versions of packages cfs depends on:
ii  libc6                        2.3.6.ds1-5 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  nfs-kernel-server            1:1.0.10-1  Kernel NFS server support

cfs recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

----- End forwarded message -----