Re: when will nvidai-glx and nvidia-kernel-source hit etch? {Scanned}

you need to compile the kernel module for yourself

R. Donald is the maintainer - hit site is here
http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/index.php

wack these lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list

#use this source line for unstable drivers
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable nvidia-graphics-drivers
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable nvidia-kernel-common
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable nvidia-settings
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable nvidia-xconfig
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable modules

#sarge modules
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia sarge modules

then run apt-get update

then go

apt-get install nvidia-graphics-drivers

m-a prepare nvidia
m-a a-i nvidia

that should be just about it, module assistant (m-a) should do most
of the work for you.

Dean

Henry Hollenberg wrote:
Hey gang,

I'm trying to get my nvidia stuff working on my AMD64 system again.

I have seen lots of different posts and instructions almost all
of which are incomplete. I've gotten stuck on one of the more
comlete ones looking for two  packages:

nvidai-glx and nvidia-kernel-source

when I try pull them off of unstable they don't match my current
kernel: 2.6.17-2-amd64

AND

they have a ton of debendent packages I'm running around in circles
trying to reslolve.

Any idea when these packages will show up in etch/testing/

hgh.