libimf.so

I am trying to run on debian amd64 etch, kernel
2.6.18-3-amd64 #1 SMP, an application that was
compiled with ifort.

It has installed correctly, I believe, though when
trying to start a job, error message: not found
libimf.so. That lib is not on either my system or the
official repositories. I see that there querries on
the web, though ones of high complexity.

As far as I can understand this is related to the
Intel compilers, which I have none. I rely on compiler
from the official distribution only.

Is any chance to come out from such a situation for a
non-expert like I am? Or would it be simpler to
recompile (if it it compiles with non-Intel).

cheers
francesco pietra

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.