Re: Running Java App fails...

Am Montag 02 Juli 2007 schrieb Thomas Besser:
> Hi,
>
> I'm recently switched my desktop computer to amd64 architecture (intel
> macbook) and want to use JXplorer (LDAP Browser in Java,
> http://www.jxplorer.org) furthermore.
>
> Have installed all "sun-java5" packages also ia32-sun-java5 and ia32-libs
> and so on, but installation fails:
>
> sissymobil:/home/software/linux/JXplorer# sh JXv3.2_install_linux.bin
> Preparing to install...
> Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
> Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
> nawk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
>
> Launching installer...
>
> grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared
> libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Any hints what can be done or where is the problem?
>
> Regards
> Thomas

There is a "bug" with the paths, as the newest java is not installed, where
the applications do expect it.

Solution (quick and dirty): create a symbolic link:

ln -s  /usr/java  /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/

(I have sun-java-6 installed)

Maybe it is worth a bugreport, but I do not know, if it really is. I suppose,
someone, who is more experienced will report it as a bug....

Regards

Hans