Re: nvidia-glx 100.14.19 freezes the whole system

Hans-J. Ullrich pisze:

Hello all,

there is a heavy bug in NVidias driver. The bug let the whole system unexpectly freeze. But, this is not a Debian related problem, it is caused by the binary part of NVidias accelarator driver and touches most other distributions, too (like SuSE, RedHat etc.)
Please see the discussion on NVidias website.

hi !

I have had same problems so i decided to use *last* beta driver form nvidia.com (
100.14.06 at that time), works fine both on i386 and amd64.

The newest driver from nvidia's page also freezes my amd64 OS, i've not tested it on i386 debian.

pietia