Re: fstab labels

Hendrik,

> > > Would labels help if you wanted it to recognise specific CD's when you
> > > put them in the drive?
> >
> > funny idea. How do you imagine to make use of it ?
>
> have them automounted into specific parts of the file system. That's for
> data CD's, of course.

What you can do is put up symbolic links to specific subolders of, say /media/cdrom
For example if you have /media/cdrom/data1 and /media/cdrom/data2 symlinked into your dektop, and you insert a cd which topfolder is data2 then the symlink would work.
I don't know how experienced you are with symbloic links so let me add that you can name a symlink in anyway, it does not need to resemble the target folder name.