Re: Issues with nvidia 302.17

SOLVED. Although not told by the the tests"dpkg -l |grep nvia| amd
"modinfo nvidia", there was a mismatch between the runtime and the
driver. When this became clear, on a new "apt-get upgrade" a mixture
of versions 302 and 304 was installed, creating a mess. I had to
correct manually by installing the specific version 304 for all
packages with "apt-get install=version".

In face of so much time lost for trivial problems - and posted on NAMD
for NAMD non existing problems (I apologize for that)- I think now
that it would be better (at least for people using the OS for
scientific purposes) to install the driver the "nvidia way" rather
than the "Debian way". In order to have something fixed when upgrading
Debian. As I am presently short of time, I decided for no more
upgrading Debian until I have free time enough to change the "way".

Thanks
francesco Pietra