Debian UltraLinux Project - Correction

Correction-  There is no such thing as ultralinux-processors.  The development is for UltraSparc 64 bit processors.  My apologies for the mistake.

 Debian GNU/Linux
 http://www.debian.org
 Work begins on Debian UltraLinux Project
 July 22, 1998

>> News

We are proud to announce the start of the Debian UltraLinux project.
The goal is to port Debian to the UltraSparc 64 bit processors. At the
moment we are in the beginning stages, trying to setup a development
environment for the porting effort.

If you want to help with the development effort please sent a message
to debian-ultralinux@KachinaTech.com. If you are just interesed you
can subscribe to debian-ultralinux@lists.debian.org to see what is
happening.

There are two mailinglist for this project:

debian-ultralinux@KachinaTech.COM
  This list is used for coordinating administration of the machine.
  To subscribe send a message with "subscribe debian-ultralinux" to
  Majordomo@KachinaTech.COM

debian-ultralinux@lists.debian.org
  This is the list were most work gets done. All discussions about porting
  software and other ultralinux-discussions take place here. To subscribe
  send a message to debian-ultralinux@lists.debian.org with "subscribe" in
  the subject.

We would like to thank Kachina Technologies for providing us with
a mailinglist and machines to work on.

>> About Debian

Debian GNU/Linux is a free distribution of the Linux operating system. It is
maintained and updated through the work of many users who volunteer their
time and effort.

>> Contact Information

For further information, please send email to press@debian.org or visit the
Debian homepage at http://www.debian.org.

For more information regarding Debian Sparc development, please subscribe to
the Debian Sparc mailing list <debian-sparc@lists.debian.org>.  This can be

For more information regarding the work Kachina Technologies is currently
doing please send email to debian-ultralinux@KachinaTech.com

--
Nils Lohner				E-Mail: lohner@debian.org
Debian GNU/Linux Press Contact          Press:  press@debian.org