mod_proxy enabling?

Being new to Apache some on Debian, I am working
on a project where I need to have some proxy functions
in Apache going under Debian.  What one of my co-workers
(Apache savvy, not under Debian though) said was that
mod_proxy is missing from the big picture.  I have
looked through the Deb Package lists for this, and
have come up blank.  Any suggestions, comments, $0.02,
help, etc. would be appreciated.

Looking to basically enable mod_proxy in a nutshell, easiest
and simplest way would be appreciated.

TIA.

--- Crawford