Re: Standard apache modules missing .info files. Apache package fails setup

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> Apache version 1.3.29.0.1-3 fails on setup with the following errors re.
> standard apache modules:
>
>   Error: mod_example.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>   Error: mod_mmap_static.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>   Error: the above error list does not permit a safe use of modules-config.
>   Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
>   Debian Apache Maling List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
>   on how to proceed
>
> Since I was unable to find adequate (read "any") information in
> /usr/share/doc/apache/* on how to address this problem I am directing it
> this list, as requested.
>
> Packages apache-ssl is also blocked.

Since modules are generated using the apache-dev package all related
information are in there. Please install apache-dev and check:
/usr/share/doc/apache-dev/README.modules

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html