SVN repository structure

Hi all,
I'm willing to help the pkg-apache team, but am currently finding some
difficulties.
I've just checked out the SVN tree:

svn co svn+ssh://hanska-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-apache/trunk/

but its structure seems pretty non-standard:

$ ls
apache  apache2  apr  apr-util  ssl-cert
$ ls */rules
apache2/rules  apr/rules  apr-util/rules
$ ls */debian/rules
apache/debian/rules  ssl-cert/debian/rules
$

How do you cope with package building? Don't you use svn-buildpackage?

I've also checked if the mergeWithUpstream property is set (at least for
packages with only debian/ -- even if renamed -- under control), but nothing is
set.

I'd really need some hint to begin working on pkg-apache packages.

Thanks,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino