Re: changing root password

    Daegyu> I forgot my root password for my old DM. Can anyone tell
    Daegyu> me how can I set a new root password? My nettrom is an old
    Daegyu> one, 1.xx, that came with the DM in 1998.

Not easily. :-/

You need to have a netwinder image installed on a TFTP/NFS server, and
boot from it.  Then you can mount your local disk (/dev/hda[1-4]), and
modify /etc/passwd so that "root"'s line reads:

    root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

The Netwinder boot image can be gotten from the potato boot-disk
archive, methinks.

-tor