Re: How tro upgrade to 2.2.19

In message <3a0665724a.Leo@lsmiers.chello.nl>
          Leo Smiers <l.smiers@chello.nl> wrote:

> I have just downloaded the 2.2.19 kernel for RISC PC. I am having trouble
> to update my linux 2.2.16 with this new kernel though. It complained that it
> couldn't find the 2.2.19 modules so I got them from the drivers.tgz (there
> seems to be more modules in 2.2.19 then 2.2.16-rmk3). But this wasn't enough
> to get the ethernet card working. What do I miss?

In the original install kernel I made, most of the functionality was
compiled into the kernel.   You want to 'insmod' the appropriate module
for your card (e.g. etherh) and/or put it in /etc/modules

hth, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter@erble.freeserve.co.uk -  http://chocky.mine.nu/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM - http://www.java.riscos.org.uk/
 Debian Linux on RiscPCs - http://www.erble.freeserve.co.uk/