Re: Some thoughts on the ARM build daemons

David Fokkema a écrit :
> On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 17:27 +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> David Fokkema a écrit :
>>> Obviously, I don't know anything about this and am not involved in any
>>> way. But this sounds serious. Recent talk about the current status of
>>> the arm port (oldabi, eabi) unsettles me. I only run it on a personal
>>> slug, but still... I like debian!
>> Those build daemons are up, but not building any package, because of a
>> too old kernel.
>>
>> The kernel has been upgraded on one of them one month ago, it needs to
>> be restarted.
>
> Something like: ssh in, sudo shutdown -r now?

No only the build daemon needs to be restarted. It just mean running
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade in the chroot, and then rm
~buildd/NO-DAEMON-PLEASE

>> Two of them have been upgraded two days ago (nobody contacted the local
>> admin before). They needs to be restarted.
>
> So we have a local admin with a box sitting somewhere near, but without
> updates on what exactly is being done with them (or not done with them).
> That's a shame, but inherent to just offering to host hardware, I
> suppose. They have been contacted now?

The local admin have been contacted, they are very reactive and they
have done the kernel upgrade. The problem was to know who to contact.

Now we are waiting for the admin of the ARM build daemons to restart them.

>> The local admin needs to be contacted for the fourth one, but I have no
>> idea how to contact him.
>
> That's a shame. Is there some central place with a list of buildd's and
> local admins? (Obviously not, but wouldn't it be a great idea?)
>
> I suppose that this happens when you start setting up an experimental
> branch of a very large distribution...

I don't know if that exists, but I am sure a few people know the name of
the local admin of this machine (smackdown). At least the admin of the
ARM build daemons.