Re: still trouble with the NSLU2

Nicola Bernardini wrote:

Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Or is it the hardware  that  is
dying? (Note: the disk is a brand new 2.5 external HDD  without  external
power supply: could this be the problem?)

I've seen segfaults from apt-get on Squeeze running on SPARC, but due to pressure of other commitments haven't had time to follow them up- I reverted to Lenny for the machine I was working on.

Knowing that both SPARC and (the variant of ARM in) the NSLU2 are susceptible to alignment errors, that would be where I'd look.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk