Re: iMX6 EOMA-68 CPU Card

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Hmm I thought it had died out.  I remember in the past they had issues
> with some component not being open after all and causing problems.
> Maybe the new generation boards finally solved that.

gta04 is a completely new design done from scratch (new
CPU/GPU/board/etc). It is slightly worse than the gta02
software-freedom wise:

a HSPA/UMTS chip was added instead of the Calypso GSM chip (supported
by OsmocomBB).
uses a PowerVR GPU that doesn't have specs (the glamo GPU, while crap,
does now have public GPU specs)

You should still be able to buy gta02, I'd suggest mailing the
openmoko community list:

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/

> It also doesn't appear that you can actually but one assembled and ready
> to use.  You have to get some parts one place, a case somewhere else
> and the board seperately too and then assemble it.

I guess you are talking about gta04 there, which you can now buy
pre-assembled with gta02 parts:

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%20Complete

There are also PDA and tablet (prototype) versions:

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Letux%203704
http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Letux%207004

> Pretty tiny screen (says the guy with a phone with a 1.5" screen at best),
> and I never did like the shape they chose. :)

I have one, screen size isn't much of a problem, but the inset is too
much to reach corners with fingers. Thats ok if you use the right
distro, QtMoko (Debian derivative) is quite popular.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise