Re: security labeling handle: No such file or directory (what file?)

On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 06:46:14PM -0500, Alan Corey wrote:
> I basically stumbled across this.  I just did apt-get update and I'm
> running dpkg 1.17.25.  There's a page at
> https://fossies.org/diffs/dpkg/1.18.0_vs_1.18.1/src/selinux.c-diff.html
> talking about an selinux change in dpkg 1.18.1.  I should do an
> apt-get upgrade if my current apt-get -f install finishes but at this
> URL is the same error message "cannot get security labeling handle".
> Are some architectures behind others in getting versions of things?  I
> thought they were all basically built by robots that copied source
> code in, compiled, copied the binary into a deb.  Shocking :)

As far as I know this is because dpkg is seeing that selinux is
available and is trying to use it, but Android's selinux doesn't work
like ordinary Linux's selinux and dpkg can't talk to it; so it error
outs.

I've been unable to find a solution --- I've pretty much had to stop
using Debian in chroots on Android. I would love to find a way to tell
the Debian chroot that selinux isn't available and it shouldn't even try
to talk to it. However I can't find one.

Sorry.

│ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous --- and I mean *nothing*
│ --- as a children's story that happens to be true." --- Master Li Kao,
│ _The Bridge of Birds_