Re: Re: Re: [Reproducible-builds] Raspi 3 suitable for arm64

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:13:22AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Ronald Maas wrote:
> > I am not familiar with the whole Debian build infrastructure. So if I missed
> > the point where this becomes a real issue, hope you can elaborate.

> For example:

> You can't flash UEFI over u-boot from the official Debian/etc installers.

But we most certainly don't want flash UEFI from d-i. What should do is
document:

1. Please install UEFI version X or newer using instructions from manufacturer
2. Insert d-i boot media and let the UEFI firmware boot GRUB from it.

Essentially the process would be the same as on X86 if some PC machine came
with a BIOS that would be too buggy to boot grub/linux out of box.

Riku