Re: Cannot build OpenGL application on Qt5 on armel/hf

On lunes, 18 de septiembre de 2017 23:50:24 -03 John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have uploaded a new version of virtualjaguar today which uses Qt5 by
> default [1]. Unfortunately, this brought a regression on armel and armhf in
> the form of an FTBFS [2]:

"Trade off" is actually more descriptive. tl;dr: as of today almost none ARM
boards support native desktop OpenGL (this has changed somewhat recently with
nvidia's tegras running ARM).

Long story: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=798408#67

So if we enable desktop OpenGL on arm* we are forcing software rendering for
most cases.

[snip]

> Looking at the rules file of qtbase-opensource-src, it's obvious where this
> regression comes from, namely from the fact that qtbase-opensource-src is
> configured to use OpenGL ES instead of proper desktop OpenGL on armel
> and armhf [3].

Exactly.

> Does anyone know whether there is a way to address this issue on armel/hf
> or do I have to disable virtualjaguar on these architectures?
>
> CC'ing debian-arm@l.d.o in case someone there knows about a possible
> workaround.

No workaround: either you support OpenGL ES or not.
Note that we will include arm64 in that list with the next Qt version.

--
I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/