Re: Cannot build OpenGL application on Qt5 on armel/hf

[restoring CCs from the original mail]

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Wookey wrote:
> On 2017-09-18 23:50 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>>
>> Looking at the rules file of qtbase-opensource-src, it's obvious where this
>> regression comes from, namely from the fact that qtbase-opensource-src is
>> configured to use OpenGL ES instead of proper desktop OpenGL on armel
>> and armhf [3].
>>
>> Does anyone know whether there is a way to address this issue on armel/hf
>> or do I have to disable virtualjaguar on these architectures?
>
> AIUI openGL ES is used on 32-bit ARM because that's what the GPU
> drivers target/support. I presume this hasn't changed (although I
> understand that for latest OpenGL the Desktop and ES specs got merged
> to some common set).

With open source GPU drivers coming to ARM in the last few years, we
have mesa and therefore desktop OpenGL available on some ARM based
platforms:

https://nullr0ute.com/2017/09/the-state-of-open-source-accelerated-graphics-on-arm-devices/

Only PowerVR and Mali are still stuck with proprietary drivers at this
point, sadly they are a large part of the market.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise