Re: satisfying the align-checking in parted?

gparted makes it a lot easier.  If you want to be sure of the sector
size look for an st... number then go to seagate.com and get a
datasheet.

2048 seems small for a 1 TB drive, my 128 GB SD card uses 4096.

Actually I'm not sure, this is a 1 TB Seagate and disklabel says:
type: ESDI
disk: ESDI/IDE disk
label: ST31000340AS
duid: f1f9d8681047d339
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 121601
total sectors: 1953525168

Then again the drive geometry can be messed with somewhat like to keep
numbers fitting in certain variable types.  63 sectors/track and 255
tracks/cylinder are suspect since they're 2^6 and 2^8.  Divide one by
2, multiply another by 2, etc.  Preferably before formatting then
stick with it. Bytes/sector could be fair game.

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX