Re: Is there any "easy to use" arm64 laptop

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 06:48:23PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 06:31:07PM +0200, Robert Wilkinson wrote:
> > I agree with David. I do think it a bit rude.
>
> May be you might like to check whom you call rude first.  I'm running
> some list statistics[1] where you can see that I'm not only subscribed
> to several lists but even top poster on a few of these.  I know how it
> works to subscribe a list.  I also know how to read the web archive -
> even how to drain a mbox from there to properly respond to some answer I
> might have got.
>
> I wished all mailing lists on Debian would be such a welcoming place
> that people who have a plea (newbee or not) would not be titled rude.
>
> Thanks to those who simply did the favour to me to keep me in CC in
> their helpful replies
>
>      Andreas.
>

> [1] http://blends.debian.net/liststats/

Debian mailing lists don't require being subscribed to post (at least none
that I can think of, there are probably a few exceptions), and the debian
mailing list etiquette says "When replying to messages on the mailing
list, do not send a carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they
explicitly request to be copied." which would seemingly imply that it
is appropriate to request being CC'd if you want to.  So it seems that
it would be rude to think someone is rude for asking for it when it is
part of the code of conduct of the debian mailing lists.

I am personally terrible at remembering not to CC people on debian lists
due to it being so commonly expected on other lists.

--
Len Sorensen