Re: Debian Bullseye on Raspberry Pi 4 4GB?

On vrijdag 19 februari 2021 15:48:41 CET Pete Batard wrote:
> On 2021.02.19 13:37, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > On vrijdag 19 februari 2021 00:02:27 CET Rick Thomas wrote:
> >> Is it possible to install Debian Bullseye on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) from
> >> a  CD/DVD or USB Flash stick or uSDcard?
> >>
> >> If so, where would I look for instructions for doing so?
> >
> > https://raspi.debian.net/tested-images/ contains a Bullseye image that is
> > tested on a RPi4 4GB.
>
> Technically, this is not as much installing Debian, which is what OP
> asked about,

I don't presume to know exactly what OP wants, so I gave him another option.
Maybe he's just looking for != RaspberryPiOS and != Buster. I don't know.
If a pre-built Bullseye image is not what he wants, there are other suggestion
to choose from. Excellent.

The images on raspi.debian.net are built from the repo Matthias Klein
referenced: https://salsa.debian.org/raspi-team/image-specs

> And of course, the problem with preinstalled images like these is that
> distro maintainers need to multiply them for every platform they want to
> support, which quickly become unmanageable and leaves any user of any
> platform that hasn't deemed worth supporting stranded...

OP asked about RPi4, not any other platform.

I find it interesting that you felt the need to critique my suggestion.
I could do the same with yours, but why would I?

Relax.