Re: Is an ARM computer a good choice? Which one?

On 2023-03-21 11:17 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Not sure about ARM desktops. ARM servers seem problematic, IIRC the
> arm64 ones Debian uses for buildds are unstable and the potential
> replacements are way too expensive. Not sure of the status here.

The arm64 servers debian uses for buildds are fine. We have a number
of Ampere and Applied Micro boxes.

You are probably thinking of the marvell 78000 32-bit hardware which
is getting pretty old and somewhat flaky and has mostly been retired
except for porter boxen.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Debian, Wookware, ARM