PostgreSQL trouble

I have a question.
I just added backpots.org to my sources-list. Then I got some troublle with
my PostgreSQL and wesnoth installation.
Dselect wanted to install PostgreSQL only in the version 8.1 because there
were some trouble with the database-cluster. Without database-cluster it was
not possible to install PostgreSQL at all. Now I have more problems with the
access to my datebase. Its no longer possible to call the database over
Perl:DBI.
my $dbh = DBI->connect ( "DBI:Pg:dbname=$db_name", "$db_user", "$db_passwd"
)
   or die "no connect to DB!\n";
...made only errors.
I changed the file /etc/postgresql/8.1/main/pg_hba.conf this way:
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
host    all     all
local   all         all                               ident sameuser
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5
But I still doesn't have access!

The other problem was wesnoth. I installed it allready with "old"
Sarge-packages. After I added the backorts dselect told me about a lack of a
package (some japanes font as I remember).
Then I tried it without the backports, now dselect told me, that there is
no, NO wesnoth-data. How can this happens??? I tried it with apt-get update,
but without a result. The problem remains.

Hey, I tried it with aptitude, it works. Hmm, I think I shoud use aptitude.
OK the problem with wesnoth is solfed, but the PostgreSQL-Server is still
only accessable with psql not via the DBI!!!
Where I should switch this setting? Is there any diffence because the
Postgre-Cluster?

Thank you all.

Gruss Christian

P.S. could anybody make some "local"-Packages for the Firefox?