Re: bash 3.1-4bpo1 broken WRT process substitution

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > If inside the chroot /proc is a 'bind' mount to the real /proc and
> > also if /dev/fd in the chroot symlinks to /proc/self/fd as it would
> > normally outside the chroot then the configure test should deduce the
> > desired setting automatically.
>
> I mount /proc from inside the chroot, means, not bind mounted from
> outside the chroot. I don't think that makes a difference, but I'll
> rebuild and compare in the afternoon.

Mounting /proc from inside the chroot should be fine.  It should not
make a difference to the building of packages.

Can you interactively step into the chroot and poke around with a
shell?  It might be easier to debug this way.  Being in the chroot
should look just like not being in the chroot, for this particular
purpose.

  ls -ld /dev/fd
  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 13 2007-02-19 14:32 /dev/fd -> /proc/self/fd

  ls -log /dev/fd/
  total 5
  lrwx------  1 64 2007-03-27 10:43 0 -> /dev/pts/2
  lrwx------  1 64 2007-03-27 10:43 1 -> /dev/pts/2
  lrwx------  1 64 2007-03-27 10:43 2 -> /dev/pts/2
  lr-x------  1 64 2007-03-27 10:43 3 -> /proc/26950/fd/
  lr-x------  1 64 2007-03-27 10:43 4 -> /dev/null

That symlink is what should gets /dev/fd back to /proc/self/fd and I
suspect that in your build chroot that it either does not exist or is
something else that is causing /dev/fd/ to appear not to be there.

Thanks
Bob