Re: 0ad 0.0.15-2 MIGRATED to testing

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Francesco De Vita
<fradev@inventati.org> wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for the notice.
>
>> Vincent, I see you are DD now. Congratulations!
>
> Congrats!

Thanks! :)

>> Are you going to upload next versions of 0ad to wheezy-backports?

No, my stance hasn't changed from what I last posted on #714746.

>> If not, Francesco, next step is your. =)
>
> In case, I'll be very glad to do it (:

Great! Don't forget that you have to backport miniupnpc 1.6 first.
Also, 0ad upstream claims that the lobby is non-functional with gloox
< 1.0.9, so I'll be adding a build-depends on libgloox-dev >= 1.0.9-1
(as soon as the gloox migration takes place, of course), so you'll
soon have to maintain gloox in wheezy-backports as well. Oh, and heads
up, the next 0ad release will likely depend on a newer version of
mozjs (likely ESR 24, although that has yet to be packaged...), so
you'll have to maintain a backport of that as well.

(I think you'll understand why I was reluctant to backport 0ad for
wheezy...but if you're still willing to do the work and maintain all
those backports, then be my guest. Thanks for your work! ;)

Regards,
Vincent