Certbot dependendency problem

    Dear all,

I reported this to eff bucktracker and certbot github issue.
Unfortunatley no response.
Since it is a debian backport maybe you might help me.

    My operating system is (include version):

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release: 8.7
Codename: jessie
Linux xxx 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 <https://github.com/certbot/certbot/pull/1>
SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u2 (2017-03-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

    I installed Certbot with (certbot-auto, OS package manager, pip, etc):

OS Package - Backports

    I ran this command and it produced this output:

##Sources list
root@xxx:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main

    update apt

root@ xxx:~# apt update
Hit http://security.debian.org jessie/updates InRelease
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie InRelease
Hit http://ftp.debian.org jessie-backports InRelease
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie-updates InRelease
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie Release.gpg
Hit http://security.debian.org jessie/updates/main Sources
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie Release
Hit http://security.debian.org jessie/updates/main amd64 Packages
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org jessie-backports/main amd64
Packages/DiffIndex [27.8 kB]
Hit http://security.debian.org jessie/updates/main Translation-en
Get:2 http://ftp.debian.org jessie-backports/main
Translation-en/DiffIndex [27.8 kB]
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie-updates/main Sources
Get:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie-updates/main amd64
Packages/DiffIndex [7,408 B]
Get:4 http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie-updates/main
Translation-en/DiffIndex [2,704 B]
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie/main Sources
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie/main Translation-en
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org jessie/main Translation-de
Fetched 65.7 kB in 2s (24.6 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.

    INSTALL CERBOT

root@xxx:~# apt-get install certbot python-certbot -t jessie-backports -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

python-certbot : Depends: python-acme (>= 0.9.3) but it is not going to
be installed
Depends: python-cryptography (>= 0.7) but 0.6.1-1 is to be installed
Recommends: python-psutil (>= 2.2.1) but it is not going to be installed

    Certbot's behavior differed from what I expected because:

Fails to install - see above

However I can force certbot to be installed like this:

Deinstalled phyton and dependencies. Used aptitude -t jessie-backports
install certbot and selected a solution which installed all dependencies
but this breaks another package.

|root@xxx:~# sudo apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building
dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade...
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or
been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to
resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
python-cffi-backend : Breaks: python-cffi (< 1) but 0.8.6-1 is to be
installed E: Broken packages Thanks and best regards Dirk |