Re: [firmware-linux-nonfree bpo update needed] Re: Could mesa be backported?

On Tue, 2023-04-18 at 17:43 -0400, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Sorry to bother you, because I'm sure you're busy with preparing for
> bookworm.  When you have a minute, would it be possible to update the
> firmware-linux-nonfree bpo?
[...]

Right, sorry for letting it get out of date.  Didier Raboud prepared an
updated version for -backports at the end of 2022 and then I failed to
upload it.

Since then, the ath9k_htc firmware in firmware-nonfree has been
replaced by free firmware built from open-ath9k-htc-firmware.  In order
to keep that firmware available and avoid file conflicts, I will need
to upload both packages to -backports.  I expect to do that during this
weekend, but it may take a little longer for this to be resolved in the
archive.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Theory and practice are closer in theory than in practice - John Levine