Re: dwarves 1.24.4.1 to bullseye-backports

On 27/05/23 03:32, Senthil Kumaran S wrote:
I would like to get dwarves 1.24.4.1 from bookworm to bullseye-backports. It mainly resolves emitting warnings with respect to DW_TAGs while compiling the linux kernel with clang toolchain. Ideally we should have 1.25, but that is not in bookworm yet.

For the sake of people who do not know about dwarves, I will add more details here.

DWARF [0] is a widely used, standardized debugging data format [1].

dwarves [2] package in Debian is a set of advanced DWARF utilities packaged together including pahole [3].

[0] https://dwarfstd.org/
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DWARF
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dwarves
[3] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/pahole/pahole.git/