Re: Backport request for podman

On Sat, 2024-01-20 at 19:45 +0800, Tee Hao Wei wrote:
> The podman version in bookworm suffers from a bug causing it to not
> be able to run containers as root using the overlay storage driver if
> they have many layers. The bug was fixed in v4.4, in
> https://github.com/containers/storage/pull/1411.
>
> It would be great to have the trixie/testing podman in bookworm.

  I think it would be more appropriate to open a bug against
src:libpod, requesting that this fix be cherry-picked into bookworm as
a stable update. That way everyone gets the fix, not just those who
might be using bookworm-backports. I haven't investigated too much, but
the fix you linked to looks fairly small.

  As stated on the backports site[1]:

>    Backports are about additional features that are only offered in a
>    new version, not a replacement for getting fixes into stable - use
>    stable-updates for that.

Mathias

---

[1] -- https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/