Rpaths

It's policy not to set rpaths set in debian libraries, but (at least
for tensorflow) the libraries are built with the -rpath option so one
end up set:
(the .params file shows
-Wl,-rpath,$ORIGIN
)

$chrpath libtensorflow_cc.so.2.3.1
libtensorflow_cc.so.2.3.1: RUNPATH=$ORIGIN/../_solib_k8/_U_S_Stensorflow_Clibtensorflow_Ucc.so.2.3.1___Utensorflow:$ORIGIN/
$ chrpath libtensorflow_framework.so.2.3.1
libtensorflow_framework.so.2.3.1: RUNPATH=$ORIGIN/

Not sure why those are different, but neither is what we want.

So is there a bazel config option for 'don't set rpath please'? Or
will I have to chrpath -d it afterwards? (which is awkward, because
the libraries or built with mode -r-xr-xr-x so chrpath -d doesn't work
without some faffing.

There seems to be logic in tensorflow.bzl to only set rpaths for test
binaries and ios/macos/windows, but clearly it is still getting set.

Clues welcome.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/