Re: Adding game related tasks to tasksel (Was: Debian Games Pure Blend)

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 01:49:11PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Paul Wise]
> > What about just making tasksel depend on the relevant *-tasks packages?

+1

> That would work too.  But it would also cause the tasksel maintainer
> to no longer have direct influence over the tasks presented by d-i by
> default.  I have no idea if the tasksel maintainers are interested in
> granting such influence.  It is easier to track changes to the tasksel
> default menu if everything is done in one git repository. :)

Hmmm, as you perfectly know yourself the Blends tasksel control files
are auto generated and I personally do not see any chance to maintain
them in tasksel Git.  Specifically if we (as usual) upload Blends
metapckages way *after* the freeze short before the real release to get
the current status of the package pool at release time (we might loose
some packages in the freeze) it might be hard to convince tasksel +
release team to change tasksel as well.

I'm in favour of discussing Paul's idea to depend tasksel from *-tasks
packages.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--